Jenkins X: Accelerate your Continuous Delivery with Kubernetes - James Strachan
The last 5 years have seen a huge change in how we build, package, run and manage software with the rise of Kubernetes, Cloud Native, Microservices and Continuous Delivery. As a result, we all need to get better at delivering business value to our customers faster and continuously with a cloud native strategy - but how?
This talk will introduce you to a new open source project, Jenkins X, which is an open source CI / CD platform for Kubernetes based on Jenkins.
After a couple of slides we'll spend most of the talk demonstrating how to get stuff done with Jenkins X:
* easily setup your own Jenkins based CI / CD system on your cloud of choice
* quickly get started developing new microservices with automated CI / CD
* import existing projects with automated CI / CD
* use Pull Requests to trigger CI, Preview Environments, human approval then a full CD release
* use automated provisioning to testing, staging, ephemeral and production environments via helm charts and GitOps
After this talk you should be able to develop at full speed with CI / CD in a cloud native way in any language on any cloud or kubernetes cluster! Lets all go faster!